At the British School of Bucharest, students are prepped and ready to tackle the world.
Covering careers, enterprise and work experience, students develop employability skills that set them up for their future careers. We do this by implementing various schemes throughout the different Key Stages.
The Gatsby Benchmarks help us create a programme that provides students with the best education, information, guidance, advice and support. Using these benchmarks, we ensure that the students develop employability skills such as the following.
- Self-motivation: taking responsibility for developing work readiness
- Self-assurance: having the tools and confidence to present themselves to employers
- Aspiration: having high personal goals
- Informed: understanding the opportunities available and making realistic choices
- Experience: having experience in work that is rewarding and fulfilling
- Achieving: qualifications valued by employers
- Accountability: understanding how to take responsibility
- Resilience: understanding the employer’s need for people who can listen and learn
- Entrepreneurial: working creatively to achieve personal and business potential
- Co-operation: developing practical communication skills
More information about The Gatsby Benchmarks can be found here.