Fees and Deposits for Admissions at the British School of Bucharest.
Registration Fees 2023/2024
|Application fee||€ 250/pupil|
For new pupils only, a one-off payment is to be paid before or on the assessment day. This fee is non-refundable; regardless of the enrolment decision from the School, it is a fixed amount (no discount is applicable).
Admissions and Waiting List Fee
|Pre-Nursery, Nursery and Reception||€ 865/pupil|
|Year 1 - Year 13||€ 3240/pupil, for 1st child
€ 1860/pupil, for 2nd child
€ 810/pupil, for 3rd child
€ 0/pupil, for 4th child
For new pupils only, a one-off non-refundable payment for any pupil who has been offered a place at BSB, as a result of meeting the conditions to be admitted and start enrolling in school when there will be a place available.
Please see below the details of fees at the British School of Bucharest.
Fee Schedule 2023/2024
|Years||Annual School Fee|
|Pre-Nursery (full day 08:30–15:00):||€ 6895 + reservation deposit/pupil|
|Pre-Nursery (half day 08:30–12.30):||€ 3482+ reservation deposit/pupil|
|Nursery - Year 6:||€ 18778 + reservation deposit/pupil|
|Year 7 - 13:||€ 21767 + reservation deposit/pupil|
The school fees include:
- Certain after-school activities and some local trips, daytime snacks, and insurance.
- For Pre-Nursery, Nursery & Reception – Lunch included.
- For Nursery & Reception – one set summer uniform and one set winter uniform included.
- Use of Chromebook/iPad for Years 7-11, if requested.
- EAL (English as an additional language) lesson for the first twelve months. This will be assessed through testing.
- Documentation certifying the completion of studies and exams if exams are organised internally.
* Please note that these services are not optional and are a fixed part of the School Fee.
The school fees do not include:
- Certain after-school activities, certain extracurricular trips & activities,
- Private music lessons or instrument rental,
- School uniform (Only for Nursery & Reception; one set summer and one set winter uniforms are included),
- Lunch (included only for Pre-Nursery, Nursery, Reception),
- One-to-one TA support.
- Examination Fees for Years 10 – 13, as this cost is incurred due to external examination fees, according to the pupil choices regarding exams and subjects and
- external examination bodies. Parents will be asked for confirmation of examination subjects.
- Extended EAL* (English as an additional language) lesson costs. This will be assessed through testing.
- SEN* (Special Educational Needs) lesson costs. This will be assessed and shared through Parent- SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) meetings.
- Educational Psychologist* sessions. This will be assessed and shared through Parent-SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) meetings.
- Other ad hoc services, e.g. photos, letters and documentation.
- Costs for these optional services will be communicated before execution.
*A child requiring additional support could be refused registration at BSB unless EAL or SEN, or Educational Psychology intervention is agreed to.
|Reservation deposit||€ 5105/pupil|
This Payment of the deposit fee secures a place until the 15th April 2023, at which point the balance of fees is due to finally guarantee a place. If the balance of fees is not received in full by the 15th April 2023, a place will not be reserved. It’s important to note that for parents registering after the 15th of April, the reservation deposit automatically becomes a part of the school fee, ensuring a smooth transition into the enrollment process.
The British School of Bucharest reserves the right to increase the school fees proportionally to the increase of one of the following factors:
- operational costs
- development costs
The school will give 90 days’ notice of any increase.