The British School of Bucharest (BSB) is Romania’s leading international centre of academic excellence. For 20 years, we have welcomed students into our unique learning environment and inclusive community that celebrates cultural diversity.
We attract more than 670+ students from 60 nations worldwide and strive to provide them with a positive, caring, and warm environment where they can flourish into their best versions of themselves.
A Place Like no Other
As soon as students take their first steps onto our campus and explore our gorgeous surroundings, they feel a sense of security and wonder, which ultimately contributes to their academic and personal growth. Furthermore, we want them to always aspire to a good life fulfilled by purpose, kindness and achievement, so we instil in them our core values of self-control, honesty, respect, equality and concern for others.
Our highly-qualified teachers are native English speakers, and we pride ourselves on having an impressive pupil-to-teacher ratio. As graduates of prestigious universities, including Oxford and Cambridge, they are committed to and highly experienced in tailoring educational programmes to support each student in fulfilling their potential.
Teaching the British Curriculum
At the British School of Bucharest, we teach the National Curriculum for England, which is often referred to as the British Curriculum. Some of the most important benefits of the British Curriculum are its reputation for quality, worldwide recognition and educational stability for students who move to another country, as it remains the same throughout the world and the pre-university qualification – the A-level diploma.
We offer 21 specialised subjects in our Secondary School, more than 120 co-curricular activities and a unique hands-on approach to STEAM learning in the BSB Innovation Hub. Our efforts and teachers’ dedication have been rewarded time and time again by excellent IGCSE and A-Level results and an outstanding record of students securing places at prestigious universities worldwide.
At the British School of Bucharest, we encourage our students to develop their independent thinking, build their own learning pathways and discover their passions, creativity, and interests. The British School of Bucharest has been rated consistently as ‘excellent’ in all areas by the UK International Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in 2018 and 2022. This is the highest possible rating that can be achieved after being inspected by ISI.
The British School of Bucharest is committed to developing confident, motivated, self-disciplined young people who can realise their full potential and positively impact others. In advancing this purpose, we’re dedicated to:
- providing a comprehensive international education based on the National Curriculum for England;
- providing a solid intellectual foundation that prepares students to continue their education anywhere in the world;
- providing students with a positive, stimulating, secure and caring environment that encourages the fulfillment of individual potential and the growth of self-esteem in all areas – academic, social and personal;
- encouraging students to engage in open enquiry, creativity, decision-making and independent thought;
- creating an environment that develops knowledge and respect for different cultures, values and beliefs and being active and responsible citizens of the world community;
- developing an attitude of individual responsibility within our students based upon self-control, honesty, respect, equality and concern for others;
- fostering partnerships between home and school in the learning process and engaging our international community’s diverse resources and talents.
The British School of Bucharest has been rated consistently as ‘excellent’ for both ‘the quality of pupils’ learning and achievement’ and the ‘quality of pupils’ personal development’ and has received ‘excellent’ in areas assessed in two consecutive inspections, in 2018 and 2022.
The `excellent` distinction rewards our commitment to providing outstanding pastoral care and a close-knit community where students can thrive academically and personally. We maintain an optimal pupil-to-teacher ratio, with class sizes that allow teachers to be attentive to all students. Because we’re a medium size school, children settle in quickly and comfortably as they transition from home to school or a new country.
At the British School of Bucharest, we welcome diversity, embrace discipline, respect and manners, and offer kindness in abundance. Furthermore, we guide rather than govern and encourage pupils to follow their own path by following our school’s strong core values:
- concern for others