Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish)
The British School of Bucharest is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of MFL to join our successful team from August 2024.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Teacher of MFL to be a part of our excellent and well-resourced MFL team. The successful candidate would be required to teach across the ability range to all Secondary Key Stages. Ability to teach Spanish GCSE and A level would be essential and the ability to teach French or German at least IGCSE level would be advantageous. The successful candidate will be eager to help drive and contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programme, develop the rich and varied cultural MFL programme and promote languages throughout all stages of the school.
This post has become available as a result of a staff expansion improvement initiative at BSB.
BSB is one of only 21 COBIS Training Schools in the world. We are very well-established, with over 700 students from over 60 countries, set in a stunning campus in beautiful Bucharest. We are rated ‘excellent’ by the UK Independent Schools Inspectorate, have consistently outstanding exam results and a vibrant and professionally stimulating school community.
BSB is committed to offering a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales. We have been awarded BSO status via the Independent Schools Inspectorate and are also an accredited member of COBIS.
We are also accredited by ISTip and can welcome applications from ECTs for this position alongside experienced colleagues.
Bucharest is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, with glorious Belle Époque buildings and a reputation for the high life (which in the 1900s earned its nickname of “Little Paris”). It offers a relatively inexpensive and yet high standard of living. There are opportunities nearby to ski and explore the stunning Romanian countryside.
- A very competitive salary and benefits package including accommodation allowances, annual flights and private medical insurance.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- International work environment
If you have
- An appropriate teaching qualification
- Proven experience as a teacher in the UK or an international school
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Efficient organisational ability
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters
- Ability to teach virtually if necessary
Join us in our mission of opening the world through education – and live it for yourself. Be part of our international team and make an impact!
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), ICPC or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous countries of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The closing date for applications is: Friday, 8th of March 2024.
We encourage early applications, as BSB reserves the right to appoint before the deadline closes for the most suitable candidate.