Teacher of Science
The British School of Bucharest is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Science to join our successful team from August 2024.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Teacher of Science to be a part of our excellent and well-resourced Secondary Science team. The successful candidate would be required to teach across the ability range to key stages 3, 4, and 5. Ability to teach Biology, Chemistry or Physics to A-level and a second subject to iGCSE is essential. The successful candidate will be eager to develop Science at BSB, promote Science throughout all stages of the school, help drive and contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programme, and be committed to our whole school community.
The British School of Bucharest is committed to offering a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales. We have been awarded BSO status and are an accredited member of COBIS.
BSB is one of only 21 COBIS Training Schools in the world. We are very well-established, with over 700 students from over 60 countries, set in a stunning campus in beautiful Bucharest. We are rated ‘excellent’ by the UK Independent Schools Inspectorate, have consistently outstanding exam results and a vibrant and professionally stimulating school community.
We are accredited by ISTip and can welcome applications from ECTs for this position alongside experienced colleagues.
Bucharest is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, with glorious Belle Époque buildings and a reputation for the high life (which in the 1900s earned its nickname of “Little Paris”). It offers a relatively inexpensive and yet high standard of living. There are opportunities nearby to ski and explore stunning Romanian countryside.
- A competitive salary and benefits package including accommodation allowance, annual flights and private medical insurance.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Ongoing CPD training including CPML
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- International work environment
If you have
- An appropriate teaching qualification
- Proven experience as a teacher in the UK or an international school
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Efficient organisational ability.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
- Ability to teach virtually if necessary.
Join us in our mission of opening the world through education – and live it for yourself. Be part of our international team and make an impact!
All applications for open positions at BSB must be completed with the online application form, which can be found here.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), ICPC or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous country of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday, 20th of December 2023.
We encourage early applications, as BSB reserves the right to appoint before the deadline closes for the most suitable candidate.