Teacher of Mathematics
The British School of Bucharest is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Mathematics to join our successful team from January 2024 (if available) or August 2024.
We are currently looking for an experienced Teacher of Mathematics to be a part of our Bucharest team who will be committed to our whole school community and promote Mathematics throughout all stages of the school, ensure the improvement process, and contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programme.
The British School of Bucharest is one of only 21 COBIS Training Schools in the world. We are very well established, with over 700 students from over 60 countries, set in a stunning campus in beautiful Bucharest. We have consistently outstanding exam results and a vibrant and professionally stimulating school community.
BSB is committed to offering a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales. We have been awarded BSO status via the Independent Schools Inspectorate and are also an accredited member of COBIS.
Bucharest is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, with glorious Belle Époque buildings and a reputation for the high life (which in the 1900s earned its nickname of “Little Paris”). It offers a relatively inexpensive and yet high standard of living. There are opportunities nearby to ski and explore the countryside.
The successful candidate would be required to teach Mathematics across the ability range to Key Stages 3-5, where teaching Mathematics to A level is essential and Further Mathematics desirable. The ability to offer an additional subject, would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- A very competitive salary and benefits package including accommodation allowances, annual flights and private medical insurance.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Market specific training and ongoing personal development
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- International work environment
If you have
- A teaching qualification
- Proven experience as a teacher in the UK or an international school
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Efficient organizational ability.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
- Ability to teach virtually if necessary.
Equally, we are also accredited by ISTip and can welcome applications from ECTs for this position alongside experienced colleagues.
Join us in our mission of opening the world through education – and live it for yourself. Be part of our international team and make an impact!
All applications for open positions at BSB must be completed with the online application form, which can be found here.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), ICPC or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous country of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The closing date for applications is: Friday, 6th of October 2023.
BSB reserves the right to appoint before this deadline, so we strongly encourage early applications.