Date posted 18/05/23Apply today Back to vacancies
Primary Music Teacher
The British School of Bucharest is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Music Teacher to join our successful team from August 2023.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher, familiar with the UK curriculum and would be required to teach Music across the ability range to EYFS, KS1 and KS2. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a desire to support choir and instrumental concerts, as well as theatrical productions. We are looking for a passionate, dynamic educator, willing to contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programme and to be committed to our whole school community.
The British School of Bucharest is one of only 19 COBIS Training Schools in the world. We are very well established, with 650 students from over 50 countries, set in a stunning campus in beautiful Bucharest. We have consistently outstanding exam results and a vibrant and professionally stimulating school community.
BSB is committed to offering a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales. We have been awarded BSO status via the Independent Schools Inspectorate and are also an accredited member of COBIS.
For further details regarding our school please visit our website: www.britishschool.ro or access the following link.
Bucharest is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, with glorious Belle Époque buildings and a reputation for the high life (which in the 1900s earned its nickname of “Little Paris”). It offers a relatively inexpensive and yet high standard of living. There are opportunities nearby to ski and explore the countryside.
- A very competitive salary and benefits package including accommodation allowances, annual flights and private medical insurance.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Training and ongoing personal development
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- International work environment
If you have:
- Valid QTS certificate or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in an international school.
- Thorough knowledge of best teaching practices and educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures.
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Efficient organisational ability.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- A proven record of working as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner.
- A proven record of the ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
- Experience teaching virtually, if necessary.
Join us in our mission of opening the world through education – and live it for yourself. Be part of our international team and make an impact!
All applications for open positions at BSB must be completed with the online application form, which can be found here.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), ICPC or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous country of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday, 8th of June.
BSB reserves the right to appoint before this deadline, so we strongly encourage early applications.