Primary Computer Science Teacher
The British School of Bucharest is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Primary Computer Science Teacher with to join our successful team from August 2024.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher, have experience with the UK curriculum and demonstrate a strong desire to work in a diverse, international environment. The Primary Computer Science Teacher will be responsible for delivering outstanding learning experiences in Computing and Online Safety to students from EYFS to Year 6.
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic educator, who is also willing to contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programme and to be committed to our whole school community. Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience of teaching in different key stages, or with a desire to work with children across the Primary School.
The British School of Bucharest is one of only 21 COBIS Training Schools in the world. We are very well established, with over 700 students from over 50 countries, set in a stunning campus in beautiful Bucharest. We have consistently outstanding exam results and a vibrant and professionally stimulating school community.
BSB is committed to offering a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales. We have been awarded BSO status via the Independent Schools Inspectorate and are also an accredited member of COBIS.
Bucharest is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, with glorious Belle Époque buildings and a reputation for the high life (which in the 1900s earned its nickname of “Little Paris”). It offers a relatively inexpensive and yet high standard of living. There are opportunities nearby to ski and explore the countryside.
- A very competitive salary and benefits package including accommodation allowances, annual flights, private medical insurance and meal vouchers.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Training and ongoing personal development
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- International work environment
If you have
- Valid QTS certificate or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of best teaching practices and educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures.
- Strong moral values and discipline.
- Efficient organisational ability.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- A proven record of working as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner.
- A proven record of the ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
- Experience teaching virtually, if necessary.
Join us in our mission of opening the world through education – and live it for yourself. Be part of our international team and make an impact!
All applications for open positions at BSB must be completed with the online application form, which can be found here.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), ICPC or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous country of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The closing date for applications is: Friday, 8th of March 2024.
BSB reserves the right to appoint before this deadline, so we strongly encourage early applications.